The Aces High™ Fighter Performance Comparison Site
One of the toughest things for a new player to get a handle of in Aces High is just what plane to use, and how that plane stacks up against the others. Some of the data is on the HiTech Creations site, some is floating around the BBS, some is on various player's sites. But it's not really compiled in a way that makes side-by-side-by-side comparisons easy, or easy to read. This site is an attempt to solve that problem.
This site is built using a custom PHP script which reads in the CSV (Excel) data that the contributing players have compiled of the various flight performance data. It then feeds the data for the four (4) planes that the visitor wants to examine to a Flash-based charting package. The result is a console-like display of all the important data; allowing the viewer to see how planes stack up against each other in many areas.
- Select four planes from the left-hand column, hit "Submit" ... that's it.
- If you pick more than four planes, it'll only show the first four (for some definition of "first").
- Planes were tested in their "typical" Main Arena load-outs (i.e. La-7's had 3 cannon, P47's had 8 machine guns, etc.)
- DoKtor GonZo (Programming and Concept)
- WideWing (Data Measurement and Collection)
- Hammer (Data Measurement and Collection)
- MOSQ (Data Measurement and Collection)
- Tony Williams (WW2 Weapon Data)
- If you'd like to contribute data, start the ball rolling here.
Support This Project:
I'd like to buy a license for the charts package to unlock some features and also get rid of the default link-back. A donation would help me do that.